The Jardins del Bisbe (Bishop’s Gardens, in Palma old town) sit right behind Palma cathedral. While wondering round the narrow streets of the old town, one would never expect to find such an imposing, mannerist style entrance showcasing a crest with its characteristic galero.
The oldest church in Palma, Santa Eulalia, can be found right in the centre of the old town. Building started back in 1230, thanks to a donation from King Jaime I, taking three centuries to complete. The 6-meter rosette can still be seen in its facade.
The architecture and nature surrounding Biniaraix make it an idyllic spot. From this small hamlet, that belongs to the Sóller municipality, there is a stone road that at one time led all the way to the Lluc sanctuary.
Located right by the Paseo Marítimo, Santa Catalina is one of Palma’s most dynamic districts. Modernist buildings mix with two and three story homes that display the style so characteristic of the city centre: iron balconies, Majorcan shutters and traditional roof tiles.
A gothic castle built between 1300 and 1310. Inside we find Palma’s History Museum, with artefacts uncovered at archaeological digs, art collections as well as the Despuig classical sculpture collection.
The town of Sóller, located in the Valley of Orange Trees, has always been one of the most beautiful places in Mallorca, the town’s buildings are a fascinating example of the traditional Majorcan style.
Ses Rotes Velles is in the municipality of Campos, in the South East of Mallorca, very close to Colonia de Sant Jordi, just a few metres from Es Salobrar – a bird watching sanctuary that attracts many to the island every year – and about 2 kilometres from the famous Es Trenc beach as well as other un-spoilt beaches like Es Carbó and Es Caragol.
You will find La Plaza de la Reina (Queen’s square) at the end of the Borne, right by Conquistador hill and the steps to the Costa de la Seu (Cathedral). In this square you will find a round central fountain and a pretty flower garden.
The Son Siureda Ric estate markets red wine produced with ecological grapes. Under the names “Vi de la Terra” and “Vi de la Terra Illes Balears” the wines combine three varieties of grapes – callet, tempranillo and cabernet sauvignon – which as a result give five types of wine with unique features: Espira, Ric Pur, Rogent, Cerval and Gormand.
The district of Mancor de la Vall is spread across 19.82 km². It is located less than 5 km from Inca and has easy access, by road or by train, to Lloseta or the city of Inca itself. There is also an alternative route to that of Selva, which takes you by foot to the Escorca mountains (Lluc) from the Palma main road.
The Sierra de Tramuntana. The first traces of human presence on the landscape of the Tramuntana Sierra date back some five thousand years, with new settlers leaving their Talayotic, Roman, Moorish and Christian marks.
Portals Vells is located in the town of Calvià, 20 minutes by car from Palma in the direction of Son Ferrer, past Poniente golf course. The stretch of road is quite old, but the dense Mediterranean pine trees make it a pleasant route with natural tunnels which seem to caress the roadside.
Raixa is one of the most beautiful manor houses in all Mallorca. It is a treasure trove of echoes from the past, rich in cultural heritage linked to the Despuig family who purchased the Arab farm back in 1660.
A private institution, the Son Marroig House Museum in the municipality of Deià, in Mallorca, was created in 1927 with a view to preserving, presenting and promoting the emblematic figure of Archduke Luis Salvador.
Fornalutx is a much-visited colourful village, in the centre of the Serra de Tramuntana mountains. Its origins go back to the Middle Ages and it grew up around the site of a primitive Moorish farmstead, as is indicated by the old streets in the highest part of the village, which are narrow, winding and steep.
Es Racó de s’Arena is situated at 13 kilometres from Campos. It is a quiet little sandy area of fine golden sand with rocks, with no service or village in the vicinity, and near the Club Náutico s’Estanyol de Migjorn, at 0,1 nautical miles, from where it can be reached on foot between the surrounding vegetation.
The buildings and gardens that form the estate of Alfàbia are located in the outskirts of Bunyola. A visit to the manor, owned by the Zaforteza family, allows one to appreciate the different rooms that made up a typical twelfth century manor house and to walk in some of the most remarkable gardens in Mallorca.
Ramon Llull was the first Mallorcan who withdrew to Randa in 1273 to carry out contemplation. In the centre of the island of Mallorca, between the municipalities of Algaida and Llucmajor, is the mountain of Randa,
La Granja, situated 15 Km from Palma, is a beautiful 10th century mansion, surrounded by lush vegetation, beautiful gardens and natural fountains. Greatly valued in Roman times for the vast quantity of water which fl owed there, it still has a magnifi cent natural spring, thirty feet high, as evidence of its power.
A winding, hairpin road between the Tramuntana Sierra and the Mediterranean Sea leads to the small fi shing port of Valldemossa. Mallorca’s craggy coastline shelters this delightful mariners’ village whose houses are now summer residences.
Within the protected natural resort of Serra de Tramuntana, a little village called Galilea can be found. The name was chosen because of its similarity with the Holy Land. This village attracts hikers, tourists, artists and people who simply come here to stroll through its streets, to contemplate nature and to enjoy some silence not far away from Palma.
In 1993 the Majorcan property known as Sa Bassa Blanca became the Fundacion Yannick y Ben Jakober now owning one of the most important private collections on the island. The land of about 16 Ha. borders the Victoria Nature Park and is close to the sea.
This coastal corner is the result of the mouth of the Torrent dels Cocons (which comes from the comellar with the same name) and the marine erosion which has formed a v-shaped sea inlet of fossil dune. This beautiful virgin beach has a quite gentle slope, pebbles, a stony ground and the presence of tamarisks next to the coastline.
Utilizamos cookies para asegurar que damos la mejor experiencia al usuario en nuestro sitio web. Si continúa utilizando este sitio asumiremos que está de acuerdo.Estoy de acuerdoLeer más